Saturday, July 26, 2008

Richly Blessed

I have had a clipping with this prayer of an unknown Confederate soldier on my refrigerator on and off for the past 5 years. I found it again today. I have never understood its' meaning like I do now. Thank You for giving me everything I have hoped for and more!

I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so very special to me and I cherish reading your blog, as it makes me feel the miles of distance between us are fewer! I know you have had a long week, especially physically, I am praying for you! Love you lots, Rochelle