Saturday, May 24, 2008

Morning Cathedral

Around 6:15am I hear Danica stirring, and I get her out of her cribby and settle in on the couch to feed her. The sun is just beginning to stream in the eastern windows of the house. I have been calling this house our little cathedral because of the way it feels on sunny mornings. Moments later I hear the most beautiful voice singing from upstairs,

"We fall down and lay our crowns,
at the feet of Jesus.
The greatness of His mercy and love,
at the feet of Jesus.
We cry Holy, Holy, Holy.
We cry Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lamb."

Delaney sings the chorus over and over getting louder and louder. I smile. The response of her sweet heart to the splendor of the morning and the possibilities of the day prompt her to worship. Out of the mouths of babes! (Ten minutes later she is screaming her head off about losing some "fuzzies" she was collecting. Laughing . . . isn't that how life is?)

No comments: